Monday, May 08, 2006

I've been suffering from an excessive amount of daily flatulence(farts).
I suffer from the stench and tummyache. Poor me. =( It comes periodically and last for a period of 2 weeks; it's torturing me la, the churning of bowels and tummy. I visit the toilet due to bowel movements on average two to four times a day!! That's too much. . . urgh why do I have so much shit?

Facts on Flatulence (Farts)

I went to search what are the reasons for farts. Here is what I got:

Where does fart gas come from?

The air we swallow, gas sweeping into our intestines from our blood, gas produced by chemical reactions in our guts, and gas produced by bacteria living in our guts.

What makes farts stink?

The odour of farts come from small amounts of hydrogen sulfide gas and mercaptans in the mixture. These compounds contain sulfur. Nitrogen rich compounds such as skatole and indole also add to the stench of farts. The more sulfur-rich your diet, the more sulfides and mercaptans will be produced by the bacteria in your guts, and the more your farts will stink. Foods such as cauliflower, eggs and meat are notorious for producing smelly farts, whereas beans produce large amount of not particularly stinky farts.

How much fart gas does a normal person pass each day?

On average, a person produces about half a litre of fart gas per day, distributed over an average of about 14 daily farts. Lol

Is it true that some people never fart?

No, not if they're alive. People even fart shortly after death.

What things other than diet can make a person fart more than usual?

People who swallow a lot of air fart more than people who don't. This can be cured somewhat by chewing with your mouth closed (translate to don't talk when ure eating), eating more slowly, and not gulping food or liquids. Chewing gums, smoking and sucking on candy also can cause a person to swallow more air. Carbonated drinks give a person extra gas. Nervous people with fast moving bowels will fart more because less air is absorbed out of the intestines.

Is fart really just a burp that comes out the wrong end?

No, a burp emerges from the stomach & has a different chemical composition from a fart. Fart have less atmospheric gas content and more bacterial gas content than burps.

Conclusion: I must be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome(doctor diagnosed it). I should talk less when I'm eating and eat less meat! =/ i love meat. I've learnt abit more bout farts. It's normal to fart daily, but I wish to have less of it. =P

Thank God there is no signage of such in the public. =)

twirls & spins in her world
4:33 PM
0 comments

mademoiselle
andrea christian
touched down 24th aug 1985

finds contentment.
desires genuine love.
hopes to be organised.
wishes simplicity.

loves
girlfriends. bakerzin cakes. cheesecake cafe cakes. italian sodas. desserts. smoothies. seafood. sugar rush. Christ. roses. lilies. diamonds. dark chocolate.

adores
* annabella.lil sis
* whee.weixiong
* nise
* cheryl.bestie
* jen.(she loves me!):p
* kimberly.lesbian partner
* lynn.miss giraffe
* sharon.sweetie pie
* elaine.funky babe
* gillian.gill
* kirsten.kwa
* kimberly.kim
* andre.lai
* munyuk.chin
* waijia.tan
* yani.sartono

links
* the christian edge
* radioblogclub
* facebook
* jaeson.ma journal

Archives
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* November 2006
* January 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* November 2007
* April 2008

B>Greetings